Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Nice One

Summer is officially over. The air is getting nippy and leaves are all over the yard and the streets... Fall is here. I love the fall weather. It's not too cold and not too warm either. Just perfect! Not too happy about raking the leaves though. But I guess it comes with the territory. So I just have to deal with it. Might hire somebody to do that this year.

Was up at 4am this morning. Made breakfast and went to work early. It's cloudy and windy. We're suppose to get rain today. I love a rainy day as well. It's perfect for cuddles and being lazy. :) On my way to work, I can't help but admire the beautiful colors of the trees gently swaying at every gust of wind. The color of the leaves changes with the season. Green, yellow, orange and red. As I drove by gazing at the view, I can't help but compare the trees to a person or life in general. Spring, the beginning of life. Summer, the playful youth in us, enjoying life to the fullest. Fall, ripened by nature, life is more beautiful both mind and body, ready for the winter of life. I am not quite in the fall of my life yet, sort of in the middle. So, I have a lot of things to look forward to. It's moments like this that reminds me how beautiful life is. I have been feeling down lately and to start my day with such a wonderful thought lifts up my spirit. A little reminder to be grateful and know that things will be okay.

Someone is watching over me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi joy! autumn has arrived in tokyo too; the air has gotten nippy and everything. autumn is one of my favorite times of the year ;-)