Monday, September 01, 2008

Life Is Difficult

Life is difficult. That was the sermon at church yesterday. I listened intently because the priest's first sentence got my attention. How can he open the sermon with such negativity? But it worked! He made me listen. I have been feeling sorry for myself that morning, I always do when I see little children and there was a lot of them at church yesterday. Why can't I have one? I always ask myself. But as the sermon went on and on... I came to the realization about the bigger problem that's out there like sickness and poverty. Not having children does not make my life difficult. God has blessed me in some other way and by not having children of my own, I became a blessing to others.

There will always be things that I would never know in this lifetime. Labor pains and a mother's love. I don't wish for the first one, but I will always wonder about the latter. Whenever my co-worker complain about her kids, the words that come out of my mouth is always irrelevant. She agrees, but will never do it. Mothers have the patience and faith in their kids as big as the universe. And I admire them for that. I took advantage of my own mother too and she let's me get away with things... The bond between a mother and child is so intense - and I will never understand that.

Things happen for a reason. God has a wonderful plan for me. I believe that. My faith in Him is what keeps me going. Life may be difficult but knowing that I am not alone and God is on my side, life will be good. Life is good! The priest ended the sermon by saying God is bigger than all our difficulties - trust in Him, go to Him for comfort and know He is there with you. I left church feeling better about myself. All the screaming babies became irritating after a while. Thank God I don't have one!

Matthew 11:28 "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."

2 comments:

ms firefly said...

oh, {{{hugs}}} to you joy!

Joy said...

Thanks, Ms Firefly! {{{hugs}}} back!