Friday, August 01, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane

This morning while waiting for my antivirus to get fixed, instead of staring at the screen, I decided to clean up one of the drawers of our computer table. It's overflowing with 'crap' from I dunno when. I carefully glanced at each piece of paper, thinking it might be important because I had put it in a safe place. I found a neatly stacked receipts from our basement remodel, another pile from when we went to Florida and a couple other from one of our many trips! I can't believe I hang on to things like these. There's quite a few receipts from clothes shopping, grocery and gas! Why do I keep the receipts? Honestly, I really don't know! It might be from instinct. Being a bookkeeper, every single receipt is important. My subconscious must be telling me to do the same thing at home! It's really silly! Oh yeah, I found my airline ticket from when I came over here from the Philippines too! Yah, it's been that long since I emptied this drawer. :-)

During this impromptu clean-up drive, I came across my 2002 planner. In it were important information of family and friends, such as birthdays, phone numbers and email addresses. It was my lifeline before the cellphone genre. A good portion of the entries are from when I was such an EB freak (eyeball:chat room vernacular for meeting in person). Names, email-ad or their YM nick! It was fun browsing the pages... a lot of familiar names but no face to match it to. Quite a few touched my life in a special way. The planner was a mini version of a diary, little entries of what happened that day. The most special one was of Rick - the first time we met, where we went, goofy details complete with little smiley faces. I might show it to him later, then we can take the trip down memory lane together. I'm happy to see my planner again. Reminded me of my young and carefree life, my struggles to fit in and find my Mr. Right. I'm so glad it's all behind me now, but the memory will never fail to put a smile on my face.

Life is a big puzzle. Every little piece counts to make a better picture. You have to look back to admire the beauty of today.

No comments: