Monday, August 18, 2008

I Did It!

celebrating my scrub days


Today was my last day working at the Business Office. I am officially reinstated to my old job at the kitchen. I think it was the right thing to do, both to my employers and for myself. I felt better after telling my boss I was coming back. Hearing it out loud made it seem official and my heavy burden was gone. I don't know why I even wanted to leave our department in the first place. I am happy there. You should've seen the smiles and heard the shrieks of excitement when I told everybody in the kitchen that I was coming back. That really made me feel loved. Time off from them made me realize how much I like working there. I guess I needed the break to appreciate what I have. I sleep better now knowing where and what I will be doing tomorrow. My routine is back!

It may look like I'm crazy for giving up an office job, but I really don't care. What I do at the kitchen makes me humble. There, I learn what it is like to work hard for your money. And by doing so, makes me appreciate what I have and thus, spend wisely. Besides, I am still an accountant during the day. That's my ego booster!


5 comments:

quentinschronicles said...

Hi Ate Joy, I'm happy for you that you get to work where you see yourself happy and that's the important thing after the check...

Hope to hear from you soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You're a busy bee! I admire people who can juggle jobs daily. I think it's important to do the things that make you happy and I'm glad you are. It doesn't matter what kind of job it is as long as it's an honest one. Kudos to you! :)

Anonymous said...

By the way, I tagged you on my blog. :)

Joy said...

Thanks, Gracey! Yah, it's hard working everyday. But staying home would drive me nuts! It would have been different if I'm crafty like you. :)

Joy said...

Yah, Hon, happiness trumps the check :) will call you later. :)