Friday, August 15, 2008

A Breather

The past couple weeks has been crazy. With the advent of my new job, life has been confusing and very stressful. The new job is not too hard, it's my schedule that I'm complaining about. Juggling two part-time jobs is not an easy task. My day starts at six in the morning and it ends at eleven at night, depends if I sleep right away, but I have been sleeping well lately because I am just EXHAUSTED! I have been putting in 12 hours of work lately and getting a fifteen minute break. Yah, I don't have time to eat. I munch on anything sugary as the day goes on just to give me an energy boost. I know it's not healthy , but what can I do? Need to keep on going and I am no energizer bunny!

Anyway, even with my hectic, no eating schedule, I still think life is beautiful. Being optimistic is a good way to deal with stress and my candy jar does the trick too. Last weekend Rick and I met up with a long time friend. Honey May rode with some friends all the way from Arkansas to Minnesota just to shop at the Mall of America. It's kind of ridiculous, but hey, who am I to judge them. It was nice to see her again. Although we didn't get to spend a lot of time together, the brief moment we had, was a lot of fun. We'll see each other again someday but for the meantime phone calls will do. Didn't spend much at the mall. I feel fat and ugly and nothing looks good on me. So there, I saved some money! But I spent my saved money at the Filipino store. Bought a bunch of snacks like my all-time fav chippy! Bought some fruits and veggies too! Durian was one of them and boy, did Rick enjoy the smell! hehehe...

Well, I better get some snooze or maybe some snack? The food talk is making me hungry... Thank God it's finally the weekend. I get to sleep in and have some ME time again... Re-charge my battery for the upcoming week. I am done training now, so next week I am working on my own. Wish me luck! Although I am still confused if I should keep the job or not. I really miss working with my friends in the kitchen. I only have two days left to decide if I will stay or go back. It's really tempting to go back, specially with the conflict of my schedule. It's hard to make up my mind but I know I have to choose soon. Will keep you posted.

Wisdom, that's what I have been praying for every night.

2 comments:

quentinschronicles said...

I enjoy the brief moment we had and it's not about the time we spent together but the memories we made with time. Thanks a bunch! Miss you na!

Joy said...

That is so sweet, Hon! Thanks for the good time! Sa uulitin!