Monday, July 28, 2008

Sick Day

Last night was one of the many nights when I couldn't sleep. I was tired from working but still my mind refuses to sleep. Forcing myself wouldn't help, as I have tried that before, so I watched TV until I zoned out. Last I checked the clock it was almost two. And I have to get up at six. Unfortunately, our cat Leo woke us up around 4:30 wanting to go out. But none of us got up. Rick doesn't want him to think he's the boss! So we laid in bed wide awake, listened to the cat whine. Finally the alarm went off at 5:30! The cat is out and I have the bed to myself. I slept in until just a few minutes ago. Feel so much better! So now I'm home on a work day and I blame it all on the cat.

I have tried taking sleeping pills before. It worked for a few days. After that, it felt weird. My mind was wide awake but my body was sleeping. My eyes are shut but I am aware of my surroundings. I would go use the bathroom and I'd be flailing all over the place. My body felt so heavy! I was like a drunk! A couple nights like that and I gave up on the pill. I never feel rested when I wake up in the morning anyway! So what's the point? I can always sleep in and miss work or come in late. No biggie!

Anyway, I felt bad after my last entry. My sister said she felt sad after reading it. I laughed when she said that because I really didn't care that I did not get the job at the bank. It was just due to my frustration that I did that. I like my morning job. I can chat and shop online anytime I want! I can always come in late or leave early if I want to. And I have done that quite a few times. It feels like a family business. Just like when I used to work for my parents. I have a lot of idle time, seventy five percent of my day consist of play the rest is work. How awesome of a job is that? Sometimes the reality of life being unfair surfaces and that's when I get sad. But it goes away after a while. I count my blessings and realize life is still good!

No comments: