Friday, July 11, 2008

Eventless Life

Another week has gone by. Life has been pretty much a routine. Work. Rest. Work. Rest. Rick hasn't been feeling well lately, so we were not able to do anything fun! I hope next week it will be better. I really want to go out on our boat, go biking and golf! Summer activities that I have been longing for since winter. We did something summery though, we went for a hike in the woods last Friday. It was an adventure of a lifetime! We got lost in the trail, covered with ticks, and hypoglycemia starting to kick in. We made it back in one piece with quite a few ticks in our clothes. Other than that, we are fine. I don't think we're going back in the woods anytime soon though. I was going to post an entry here about Hiking 101, but didn't have a chance to finish it. One sentence could pretty much sum it all up anyway. BE PREPARED! A boy scout motto that will always be true no matter where or what you are in life.

My birthday is coming up. I have to work. My friend's comment about me always working is pretty much true. But hey, nothing is free in this world, you have to work hard for it, right? So unless they are going to feed and clothe me, I have to work my buns off! Anyway, I asked to work on my birthday because I get double pay! Yay! Rick has to work that day, so it's not like I'm deserting him. He told me we'll celebrate my birthday the week after. I'm excited! I wish he'll make me that A1 steak again! :hint: Rick has no complains about my work schedule and he is all that matters! I just hate being accused of working too much! What is too much anyway?

My friends at work are marrying off like crazy. Three of them in one month. That's crazy! Crazy in an exciting way. I am happy for them because their search is over (I hope). It's miserable being single. Life is so much better when you have somebody to share it with. It took me a while to finally find my Romeo. But the wait was worthwhile.

It's going to be my birthday soon. A year older. Hopefully a whole lot wiser. God has been so good to me. I am thankful for another year full of His blessings and love and the opportunity to be a blessing and to love. It's nice to be twenty five! *wink*

No comments: