Saturday, August 12, 2006

Bye bye job!

It's the weekend. And I am enjoying it so much! I dont have to worry about not being able to sleep in coz I got used to waking up early during the weekdays! And I dont have to worry about getting up early on Monday coz I QUIT MY JOB! Yes, I did! And I am so proud of myself! It was so hard to get that job (something related to my profession). I waited so long... and finally that opportunity was offered to me. It was almost a year ago. September 19th would have been my anniversary and i could start earning vacation time. But, i wasnt able to wait for that benefit. I know i should have waited. But my boss just got so unbearable that i woke up one morning and decided not to go back. It's bad that i didnt give them advance notice, but i dont think they deserve it. She was a jerk! Anyway, that's all over and done with. Time to look for another job!
I am currently using my new PC from Gateway. It's pretty cool. Monitor is so big it looks like the letters i am typing right now is popping out! hahaha weird! I love the keyboard too! It works like magic! I havent been using the backspace so far and i am on my second paragraph... would you believe that! NOT!
Anyway, let me tell you about my day. My Filipina friends, namely, Jemima and Cora invited me to go with them to another Filipina friend of theirs whose having a party. It's free food so obviously i went with them! hehehe The lady's name is Susie short for Jesusa. She was nice and a very good cook! She did all the cooking herself and refused help from us. So while waiting for all the food to get done, she urged us to go watch the parade. It was their town's fair called Minong Days thus the parade. It was nothing spectacular just a simple parade. It was pouring candies, chocolate and suckers though. That was the fun part! But too bad only the kids were scrambling to get some. I met three more filipinas at that party. They were nice but i dont think i'll be seeing them anytime soon. Besides the fact that they live quite a ways away, i dont think we have anything in common. So no sad stories here... In short, new friends and good food equals to a wonderful day!

No comments: