Thursday, March 25, 2010

Road Trip - Day Two




I survived the Rockie's drive.

Woke up this morning excited to see the long awaited Colorado mountains. Lo and behold! They were MOUNTAINS! The roads were carved along the valley of the Rockies. High and winding all the way up and down. I am scared of heights, you see. So I found the drive very stressful. My hands were clammy and hanging on to whatever the entire time. I finally got used to it towards the end. Was able to finish my lunch - a six inch sub. Took me almost 3 hours to eat the entire thing! Was too scared it might come right back up!

Rick said he was disappointed in me. He thought I would surely enjoy going through the mountains. I did enjoy it. I was amazed by all it's glory and splendor. But the height and what seems like forever steep roads, freaked me out. Never in my entire life had I experienced such a ride. It was both awesome and scary. I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy it more on our way back. Now that I know what to expect.

Well, off to bed now. Tomorrow would be the Grand Canyon. Hopefully it wont be as stressful.

No comments: