Friday, June 06, 2008

Clutter and Achievements

Our kitchen remodel is finally on the way. We spent the entire week boxing our kitchen stuff, taking down the cabinets and painting. We are pooped! Our sanctuary turned into a place of turmoil. We are lost in our own space. How weird is that? The living room and the basement looks like storage. There's no place to sit or eat. Since Monday our meals consist of frozen pizza and the restaurant. This remodel is getting pricier by the minute. Yes, I am complaining! But I know it has to be done. I just need to focus on the bigger picture... The contractor said they will start working later today and will be done by Monday. I hope he's right! Because another week of clutter will drive me bonkers!

Anyway, last Thursday, the company where I work as an 'accountant' had their annual board meeting. I didn't get to go because I am not a member of the board of directors nor an investor. But Friday morning my 'bosses' came up to me and told me that the Auditor/CPA had really nice things to say about me in front of the board! I don't know his exact words so I am not gonna quote him. All I know is that he's pleased with my work. I am so happy! It felt like a great accomplishment in some sort of way. Finally my great skills has been recognized and rewarded by kind words. I didn't get to hear it first hand, but knowing that somebody appreciates my work is good enough for me. My mama and papa would be so proud of me. I am proud of me! Thank you so much ma and pa for raising me to be one fine worker. Working for you for so many years did pay off. I know I was stubborn at times when you want things done your way. You want things done efficiently, neat and organized. Well, I have done things your way and now I am reaping the 'rewards'. Again, thank you, without your guidance and support, I would be nothing.

Well, I better go do some accomplishing now! It wont be much given the present state of our living room and kitchen. But I know a long hot bath will do wonders for the soul!

2 comments:

Merecil Amigo Kidder (Em) said...

Wow great job joy...I do beleive your a hardworker and a smart gal...keep up the good work!!!

Joy said...

Thanks, Em! :) bukad man sad atong atay ana... hehehe