Sunday, June 15, 2008

Boyax!


It's my Papa's birthday today and it's father's day too! So I get to give him only one present this time. They had a party for him and I heard everybody had fun. It's during times like this that I miss my family so much more... I don't get to celebrate with them. My only contribution would be some money and a phone call. It's sad sometimes but I chose a different path in life. No regrets though because I love my life here.

Growing up I was always told I am like my father. In a way I agree with them. I am cheap and smart about money. I know how to fix things around the house. I remember how I helped him build a couple screen doors for the house. That was fun. He was so patient with me and I was proud of him when I saw the finished product. I am the oldest kid so I was mostly helping him when he's trying to fix something. A skill that I am proud of! I am a better handyman than Rick. Like Papa, I don't like to dilly dally when dealing with business transactions. My love for movies is all because of him. He introduced me to Star Wars and Indiana Jones. He loves watching foreign films. I think that's why I speak good English. The one thing I didn't get from him is his cooking skills. He makes scrumptious meals. Lunch on Sundays was his turn to cook. And boy... you don't wanna be anywhere else but home. That's the time when everyone's at the table and we would sit there, eat, talk and tease. Nobody leaves the table until somebody cries. It's fun having a big family.

To my Papa... thank you for being a good father. You raised me well. I love you!

Happy Birthday!

No comments: