Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Reality

I had one of my scariest experience in life last friday. I thought i was gonna lose Rick.

The phone woke me up friday. it was one of rick's co-workers, telling me Rick was brought to the ER, he was having chest pains. Then, my mind was spinning like crazy, trying to remember the last time i saw him, i was half asleep so it wasnt such a good memory. I kept praying that he is fine but at the back of my mind i was scared, what if it's bad and he's gonna die! I couldnt bear the thought. But the whole time i didn't cry. i was too scared to cry. i have to be strong. i just want to see him and make sure he's okay. I got to the hospital and saw him and he was better. I was relieved. I was waiting for him to be released when the nurse called me and said that they are gonna transfer him by ambulance to St. Mary's in Duluth for more tests. I couldnt believe what i heard. I got scared again. This must be something serious. Worse- i have to drive myself!

I've been to Duluth quite a few times. It's like 90 miles away from Spooner or an hour and a half drive. But, i never drove there by myself. Rick was always with me, telling me which exits to take and which corner to turn. So i was really nervous and worried at the same time. But i didn't have a choice. So i just kept on going. I made it in one piece, no accident whatsoever. My knees was so weak when i finally got to the hospital and saw Rick. I was relieved i made it and relieved to see Rick's okay...

Somehow, this experience made me stronger and confident about my driving. It also taught me a valuable lesson in life. Life is short. We hear it all the time but we never truly understand the meaning of it unless we experience something that reminds us of our mortality. Although, this time it wasn't my life, it was of someone i truly love. We really should live life to the fullest. Enjoy each other as long as we can. And most of all, being thankful for every morning we wake up because we are given another chance to love and be loved all over again.

No comments: