Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Winter is coming

I woke up this morning to find everything outside covered in powder. Yah, powder. Snow. But not really snow. We had flurries last night and it was cold enough that it didn't melt easily. So everything outside is covered with just a tiny hint of snow. It's winter. I think fall cheated on us. It didn't stay long enough for us to enjoy the cool breezy feel of fall weather. It suddenly became so cold! I remember last year about this time, i didn't have to wear any jacket to go anywhere. Now, i'm cold even if i wear my leather jacket. i feel like i have to start wearing my winter ones! But snow means christmas is coming. And i am excited about that! Presents and lots of good food! I wonder what my Rick will get me this year... i better start putting my list together. That's a Schneider tradition. We make list of things we want to get for christmas and pass it to everyone in the family. Then, they pick from that list. It makes shopping a lot easier! And christmas presents, more fun!
It was my sister's birthday yesterday. I feel bad i wasnt able to call and wish her a happy birthday. I had to work at 6am yesterday so i didn't get the chance. Talked to her last night but it was too late. But she said she had a nice time. I'm glad about that. I cant believe though that she's sixteen. Wow! It seems like it was just yesterday that i practiced putting make-up on her face. She was our doll. I always like playing dress-up with her and she never complains! She loved it! Now, she's all grown-up. Following her dreams. Making lots of friends and creating her own adventures. I am really proud that she has the desire to serve the Lord. Using her singing voice and dancing feet to glorify Him. She's awesome!
Olive - though we're miles apart and it seems like i am nowhere in sight, i want you to know that i am always here for you. someday we'll be together again. we'll have fun, we'll have fights but we will always be friends. Because we are sisters, that's what sisters do. love you!

No comments: