Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Mom's coming!

My mother-in-law is coming today. She's gonna spend a couple days with us. We dont have anything special planned for her visit coz Rick and I have to work. We were just informed of her visit last week. So you cant blame us for not having our schedule fixed. She doesnt come often, in fact this is only the second time she stayed with us, so i feel bad for not being able to stay and visit with her. But i know she will understand. We'll try our best too.
Marie is already 87 years old. But she still lives alone and can manage to take care of herself without any help. She can still drive her own car! But she gave it up last month. She's sad about it but it's just too hard to have a car during winter, specially if you dont have a garage. Last year, she had to scrape ice off her windshield so that she can go to the store. Trust me, that's no fun at all! She is a nice person. I really like her. She welcomed me to her family without hesitation. I felt like she already loved me before she even met me in person. Despite the age gap, we get along fine, no pretenses! We are friends! No doubt about that! We laugh, share stories, we tease our Ricky, we just have a good time whenever we're together. I wish we get to see her often but she lives so far... We go visit her every chance we get though coz we love her so much!
Anyway, I have been cleaning the house like crazy for the past couple of days. I want the house to look okay when she arrives. Although our house isnt that bad, i just feel like i have to do my best. I guess it's the filipino in me that's behind this feeling. Hospitality. We're so famous for that. My whole body aches! Worse, i didnt sleep well last night coz my back hurts and i cant find the right position to make the pain go away. So now, i am groggy and achy! and i have to go to work in a couple of hours! But i am proud of my home. I even re-arranged the guest room, now it's a nice little bedroom with everything on it! I hope she'll love the room! To be honest, i didnt really did all the cleaning for her.. :-) the guest room smelled bad! and i dont know what caused it. i tried everything, washed the carpet, put air freshener, odor eliminator, and candles! But nothing seemed to work! So yesterday, i tore the room apart not giving up until i found it! Guess what? it was the bouquet of roses Rick gave me on our wedding day... hehehe i loved it so much that i decided to keep it... i know it's silly! Now, it's in the garbage! and the room smells good again!
Welcome back, Mom!

No comments: