Friday, February 27, 2009

Nostalgia



F4/Meteor Garden. They were rocking the scene when I left.


Amazing! I finally had a day with nothing to do and I actually got bored! It’s half past nine now. Almost bed time. I’ve been singing screaming my lungs out for an hour now. Am in youtube trying to entertain myself. Decided to search for Filipino karaoke and realized how I don’t know a lot of the songs anymore. Specially current ones. It’s like I am frozen in time. My last memory of Filipino songs are from Regine Velasquez, Sarrah Geronimo and Aiza Seguerra. My heart still skips a beat whenever I sing their songs. Brings back memories of how I would scan the stalls in the overpass to Gaisano Mall for current pirated videoke dvd’s. How Sunday afternoons were spent with my sisters belching away ‘til supper time. It usually rains whenever we had our singing sessions. A blessing for the neighbors. hehehe..

Oh, how time flies. Five years. A lot has changed since then. I bet my sisters would laugh at me if we have one of our get together again and I would request to sing Dadalhin. I can just hear them teasing me… Boy, I’m old. And out of touch. Fashion. Trend. Music. Everything. I am an oldie…



It’s actually called life.


6 comments:

ms firefly said...

wow! i got a flash of nostalgia too, listening to the F4! i was crazy with meteor garden before, as in uber crazy. it's nice to think back of the past! ^-^

Joy said...

I actually don't know how it ends... but yah, that was such a cute telenovela. :)hey i have a craft idea for you. will email you what it is...

Farrah Alfonso said...

haha.ure so funny joy!! every time i am at home i always ask papa to rent a videoke machine! haha. one thing i miss so bad is yes singing on a sunday afternoon.. and you going gaga over "dadalhin".haha.

It's not in the trend now though buying videoke cd's it has evolved to something updated and easy. renting one!!!

look it up, theirs yeng constantino, moonstar88, Imago, Sitti.. etc.oh yeah theirs Nina, she sings like regine and yes you should try her songs...

the ones i get to sing are
Akap by Imago
Para Sa Akin by Sitti
Get Me by MYMP
Piano in the Dark - Nina's Version
i love you goodbye - nina

i wish u could come home anytime soon, youre never back since you left!

Joy said...

thanks for the update, ping. will try to look up those songs... and i'll start listening to a filipino radio station online as well.

Someday... will go back there. But not until I filed the papers for ma and pa. okidoki!

Anonymous said...

Just want to mention that I love hearing Joy singing her songs! She always looks so happy and into it. I think it helps her deal with all of my whining too! :-)

Joy said...

thanks, richard :) yah you do whine a lot hehehe mwah!