Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Hello

I have a quick minute to spare. Laundry is churning away downstairs. TV blaring in the living room. I miss being home.

For some unknown reason, I feel like my life suddenly changed from being relaxed and predictable, to complete chaos and stress. Did not sign up to be in this rat-race of being employed, but I definitely found myself in one. I'm exhausted. I have been longing for change but it seems like it's nowhere near in sight.

Rick lost his job a couple weeks ago. He spends most of his days with therapy and at the doctor's office. Yes, he hasn't been feeling quite himself. In fact he applied for disability. Poor thing... it seems like anything that could go wrong, is happening to him. But despite his health problems, he continues to fight and refuses to give in to pain. At least he is trying to. I help encourage him and lift up his spirit. I try to, at least.

Before, I can afford to miss a lot of days at work. I gave away my hours just so I can be with Rick and do stuff together. But now, I look for more hours to work. I am barely home. That is why I am exhausted.

A quick minute is all I can spare now. Time is precious.

1 comment:

ms firefly said...

ohh, hugs to you joy!

stay strong and hang in there. stay positive, and keep the faith!

i have finally sent out the snailmails, so you have a little something to look forward to.

everything will be alright, and all things work together for good. take care always!