Sunday, October 12, 2008

One Saturday

Yesterday, Rick had to do some work and so he took me with him. The place was a couple hours away from home. But I did not mind at all. It was such a gorgeous day! Temperature in the seventies, the sun was out, and beautiful scenery! I really didn't expect much from the trip, coz it was work after all. All I wanted to see was the beautiful trees along the highway with its different colored leaves. I saw all that and more! Got me excited when we saw a sign saying Elk Crossing Area. With my camera ready, we scanned the area for some action. Unfortunately, we did not see any. I haven't seen an elk, that's why I was excited. Rick said it's a much bigger version of a deer. Maybe someday... We finally arrived at our destination. Done in fifteen minutes! On our way back, Rick decided to take a different route, he was determined to give me the "color" tour. Which I appreciated very much! We stopped at Lake Superior Park in Saxon, WI and at the Superior Falls in Michigan. We didn't even realized we crossed the border until we saw the sign. It was gorgeous there! A little chilly but not too bad. We walked around the park. The shore was covered with flat rocks, so flat you can even stack them together. Of course, I brought home quite a few for souvenir. Next stop was the Superior Falls. You can only admire the falls from afar. It was like in a middle of a caved-in hill, that it was surrounded by a cliff. So really, you can never get that close. After a few shots, we went to the scenic overlook and it was beautiful! My pictures don't do much justice, but I did what I could with my point and shoot camera. I could spend hours there just gazing at the water, a gentle breeze on my face, my love holding my hand, pretend that nothing else matters but what I have right here, right now. But it was getting chilly so had to quit dreaming. On our way back to the car, I took these photos to share with you. We went home refreshed, renewed and blessed. An ordinary day turned extra ordinary by chance. We went out hunting for colored leaves, we saw that and so much more. No expectations has it perks after all. An open mind and a little imagination is equal to an astonishing day! Perhaps, a little reward for our time and patience?




Rocky shores of Lake Superior and the "Squeezed" mushroom


Colorful trees and the forbidden cherries
(i just made that up coz Rick wont let me eat it!)

6 comments:

quentinschronicles said...

great pictures!

Joy said...

Thanks Hon! :) it will be greater if you lend me your dslr. hehehe...

Anonymous said...

loved the squeezed mushroom! really interesting pics joy!

Anonymous said...

the cherries looks so delish! nice shots joy especially the trees and its colors... haay kainggit!

Joy said...

Thanks for such kind comment. I'm glad you enjoyed them as much as I do...

ms firefly said...

ahh nature, beautiful pictures! i love your stacked flat stones and the squeezed mushroom, poor creature. :)