Friday, May 16, 2008

Spring Has Sprung!


Dandelions... That's the first sign that summer is coming! Finally the weather has been good. Sun is out. Tiny leaves coming out from tree branches. Grass is green... Spring is here! I wore my strappy sandals yesterday for work! Yipee! Reminds me to do my toenails. I'm thinking black! That should cover up the unsightly! hehehe...

Started cleaning out my closet. Put away my winter clothes and the spring/summer ones are out. Brought out my shoes too! Oh, I was so happy to see my cutesy shoes... vibrant colors and different styles. I soooo love summer! I'll give it another week before i start wearing my skirt to work. Oh, how i miss them! Sorry, I can't contain myself. Just too excited for the change of season.

We have big plans for the summer. Camping, hiking, biking, fishing and maybe a couple trips somewhere. I want to host a barbecue, have some friends over, eat, drink and be merry! I'll plan one when we get a new gas grill. We currently have a charcoal grill and I am not too fond of it. I desperately need a gas grill! Anyway, we just want to be outside after being cramped indoors for a long time. I have to pick out plants for my planters too! Soon we will be outside on our hands and knees digging dirt and planting lovely flowers. I don't know what i want yet, but i was hoping to get more perennials this year rather than the annuals. Planting new plants each year can be a pain, both in your butt and pockets! We still have some raking to do though. Leftover from last year. But lucky us, we were able to find somebody cheap to mow our lawn all summer. Whew! I'm quite relieved because I know my dearie can't handle that chore anymore specially with his broken toe!

Hope everyone will have a great summer!

2 comments:

Merecil Amigo Kidder (Em) said...

Joy barbecue sounds good to me... Give me a call when hah! Anywayz not happy w/ the weather cold again its memorial weekend... sucks!!! our flowers and vegies gonna die i heard 2 nights freeze again. lagot nko sa weather kapoy bya tanom.

Joy said...

You guys will be on top of my invite list! I like spring weather... not too cold and not too hot. wlay kalas sa aircon and heater :)