Thursday, May 08, 2008

Marie's 90th Bday Bash

Marie taking a little break

Alex, Jackie, Marie and Kylie (grandkids)

Family and Friends

My mother-in-law turned 90! last Saturday, May 3rd. I spent the whole day with her. Made her dinner - grilled chicken with mushroom gravy and potatoes. I tried to distract her from worrying about the party. I was having some immigration problem so we ended up driving to the cities for an appointment. It was a blessing in disguise because then, I get to spend the whole weekend with Marie. She loved it. Ken and Rick, loved it! It was great! Rick didn't come until Sunday morning because he had to work. Although, the bed wasn't too comfortable, but what's a little discomfort if it makes a lot of people happy. Marie told everybody of how great I was and my cooking! How I waited on her hand and foot! Honestly, I didn't do much besides the cooking. Spent most of the day chatting with her and some TV. It was really nice spending the weekend with her. I loved keeping her company. She is so easy to talk to and I can just tell she really loves me and I love her too... I was so surprised to find myself actually enjoying the party. I recognized a lot of the attendees and visited with them with great sincerity. I was proud of myself. I didn't hide in one corner and hoped to disappear.

I am growing up indeed!

No comments: