Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mistakes and Promises

There's only two things that's certain in life - taxes and death.

I think i heard that from my taxation professor in college. And he's so right! Everybody pays tax and eventually, we will die. No morbid stories here! Just contemplating on decisions i have made in the past. Yes, i did some bad ones, some really awful ones and somehow something that was good enough. Yah, i mustn't have done so bad... I didn't turn out too bad after all.

My sister was having a hard time deciding on what to take for college. She tried nursing school for a while and i guess she didn't do too well. Oh, how she reminds me of my younger days... But not that much. I knew what i wanted to be even when i was only in 6th grade - I wanted to be like my Mom! Tinkering away with numbers.... no, not the engineering numbers, but one that has $ on them! I knew where i want to go to school too! Lucky enough, I got what I wanted and here I am...

Life is never a bed of roses. It is not a fairy tale either. We make mistakes and believe in empty promises. But life isn't too bad. It can be hard but not bad. The good in life outweighs the bad in them. We just always have to look at the brighter side of things. See the glass of water as half-full rather than half-empty. Seize the opportunity that comes our way!

I guess my professor was wrong. There are three things that's certain in life - choices, taxes and death. We are faced with choices from the moment we wake up to the time we go to sleep. Decisions that we have to make ourselves. Good or bad - it makes us who we are. You can make your own bed of roses or your own fairytale. But life will never be perfect. You just have to make the most of it.

Life is beautiful.

No comments: