Sunday, February 11, 2007

My Tinola


I just got done eating my supper. I had tinola with pritong isda on the side. I have been craving for filipino food the past few weeks. I miss my home really bad. My dad's cooking, fresh fish and the simple way of preparing the meal. I'm getting tired of eating bread and potatoes with everything! Although i am complaining about the food here, i still managed to gain weight! Arrgh! So today, i finally opened the bag of jasmin rice and treat myself to a filipino meal. We stopped at Economart last night and i did a little shopping. Bought myself a pack of tuna and the works! It was a bit odd that i started cooking at 4pm, but i just couldn't wait any longer! So i made some mess in the kitchen, grease from frying is all-over the counter (i forgot how much i hate frying fish!). As soon as the rice was done, i started chomping away! Ahhh... what a wonderful meal! It would have been better if i had some lemon grass and kalamunggay, which i don't, so i just have to settle with what's available. It was still good! I'm full but my mind is telling me to eat again! What a pig!

No comments: