Friday, February 02, 2007

Bitter Sub-zero Weather


It's freezing out here today and it's gonna get worse during the weekend. Nothing above zero! I wish the picture was better but that's the best i can do. Besides, if you are really interested to check out the weather here, you can always go to the weather channel! They said on the news last night that it's dangerous to go outside. 5-10 minutes of bare skin exposure will give you frost bite! The wind chill is making it worse too. I think they mentioned something around 25 below for wind chill. I don't know how that feels like. All i know is that it's cold and i am not going outside. I can't wait for the heating bill!

I wasn't able to write an entry about our Chicago trip. I was so tired the day we came back. But i tried to post the pictures. There wasn't many because i was too scared to use the camera 'cuz the battery wasn't charged. I made sure though that at least we will have something. We'll go back there someday and spend more time roaming around and I'll make sure to take lots and lots of pictures! The place was nice. It reminded me of the coastal road in Pasay and downtown Chicago reminds me of Makati. Tall buildings, busy streets, designer stores and people walking around. There were rude drivers too! The funny thing though is that I got scared being in the big city. I came from an overpopulated country for crying out loud! Why did i feel that way?! I was so paranoid walking around the streets of Milwaukee and Chicago. I felt like someone's gonna rob us! I wonder if i'll feel the same way when i go to Davao... Duluth and Minneapolis doesn't scare me though! Black people scare me though coz they sound like they're fighting when they talk. And there's not a lot of black people around here....

My fingers are freezing already. I better go turn up the heat. A little update! Em had a baby boy yesterday 2-1-07. They named him Chance John Kidder! Weird name huh. But the baby is healthy and really cute! Congratulations!


No comments: