Friday, December 05, 2008

Whew!

Have you ever had one of those days where nothing is going right? Well, my whole week had been like that. We are currently redoing our bathroom and so our patience as a couple has been tested again. Rick and I have been butting heads since Monday because of this ongoing remodeling. Our frustration gets the better of us, so we end up blaming each other. Like when the texture painting idea didn't work. Or when sanding the newly texture painted wall became too messy. I guess the root of all our problem was the textured paint. Imagine, we had to drive two hours just to get that special paint. At that time, the idea seems brilliant and doable. But two days of making that stuff work was torture! Online tutorials looked so easy but no matter what we do... it just wont work! It does not look like the picture! I don't easily give up on a given task, so I kept redoing it until the can was empty! Yah I'm stubborn and I hate defeat. But I admit it, I failed. Big time! Our cheap way of fixing things got way off hand and we ended up spending more. Frugal me hated the whole process, while my hubby just wanted the job done no matter the cost! After three days with no sink in the bathroom and the toilet paper mysteriously disappearing, I waived my white flag in surrender and gave up the fight. A new wall is up. Might be done tomorrow!

To make things worse, things didn't go well at work either. For some unknown reason, orders just kept pouring this week! My usual boring mornings, turned into a zoo of invoices and packing slips. The busy-ness robbed me of my zen moments - online shopping! I don't know why, but browsing pretty clothes, shoes, purses and sparkling jewelries, makes me happy. Pretty things makes me happy... So my week was basically a cycle of arguments, sleepless nights and busy mornings. But I survived. Rick and I survived. Things are back to normal now. I am back to experimenting in the kitchen and shop online for bathroom accessories. We even have a sink in the bathroom now! The weekend looks really promising... two parties tomorrow and a movie date with my Richard on Sunday! I can now breath a sigh of relief... bad things do come to an end!

Have a nice weekend everyone!

No comments: