Thursday, December 04, 2008

My Eyes!

not me

Had an eye exam yesterday. Wore glasses for a while in college but all the optometrist did was let me read the eye exam chart then gave me my glasses! I have been getting really bad headaches lately and that prompted me to see the doctor. Little did I know that an eye exam here is way too different from that in the Philippines. The test lasted for more than 30 minutes, so many questions and bright lights were involved! The worst part was when he dilated my pupils. Two different eye drops, one to make my eyeballs numb and the second one to dilate my pupils. Scared me when he mentioned the numbing part. Thought he was planning to scratch my eyeballs out! Whew! Got out of the clinic and I couldn't see a thing! Everything was a blur. I was glad Rick was with me because I don't think I would have been able to drive. The evening plans were canceled because my painful eyeballs. Had a headache all night as well. I kept looking at my eyes in the mirror and I was horrified at how big my pupils were! Thought I was bitten by Edward Cullen! hehehe... Whined all night because of my pain. Rick, on the other hand, who had the eye exam as well, was fine and laughed at me for being such a baby. I swear I was really in pain...

My eyesight is back and no more headaches. Will get my prescription glasses in a week or two. Will post a picture of the "smart" me soon. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Halu joy,,hehe yeahhh tanx for viewing my blogs and yes i will add u in my list.Merry Xmas and hapi new year.