Monday, November 10, 2008

In My Kitchen

Have been browsing the net yesterday trying to find easy ways to decorate a cake. Making desserts is part of my job at the hospital. I make cookie dough, bars, cake and other sweet stuff. They all come out pretty decent. In other words, it's edible. I heard talks though of how my cakes are so blah. They taste good but not pleasing to the eyes. Therefore, they don't sell very well! It didn't upset me because I know they were boring. I simply follow the instructions on the box, put on some frosting and that's it! So now I want to spice it up a little bit. I thought I'll find some help online. But I was wrong. All I saw was professionally done decorations. They were too hard to duplicate. I'm not giving up on my quest though. I know it's out there.

In my browsing, I stumbled upon quite a few personal blogs. A lot of the blogs talks about food. They feature their own creation with pictures and a recipe for those who wants to try it for themselves. It was really inspiring. Makes me wonder why I never feature any of my dishes. Most of my cooking is copied from Rachel Ray. Her recipes are easy to follow and they're delicious too. I do have a few of my own. Nothing too fancy because I like it quick and easy. Here's a sample of my own creation. Below is my Tater Tot Casserole. Brown the ground beef. While meat is cooking, cook tater tots according to package directions. Add mushroom slices to beef. Pour cream of mushroom soup. Season with pepper. Let simmer until everything is cooked through. Transfer meat mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with the cooked tater tots . Sprinkle some cheddar cheese and bake until cheese is melted. You can add any vegetable to the meat like corn and green beans. We couldn't wait for the cheese to melt. Enjoy!



2 comments:

Farrah Alfonso said...

kalami pud ana oi.. im only fond of watching cooking stuff on tv, but never tried to cook one, always kc kulang ang mga ingredients kay usahay dli mailhan dri.. or maybe yet i just need to look into some imported grocery store which are way expensive.. afterall, naa man pud diay ka talent magluto.. at least dli na adobo and the usual dish u cook at home..heheheh..

Joy said...

Yah, I'm a big Rachel Ray fan. Will try to bring some stuff you don't have there when we come home and visit, that way you guys can try some of my cooking. :)