Saturday, December 01, 2007

Shopping and Bus Rides

I had my first public bus ride in the country last Thursday. Having the luxury of owning a car does wonders to a person. But for me, driving in a big city is a no-no. Scares the hell out of me! So i decided to take the bus and go shopping while Rick had his colonoscopy done. It was an adventure for me because i don't know which bus to take, where it'll stop and how much to pay. But i was brave enough to ask for directions. I'm not a guy anyway! *wink* I had to walk four blocks to get to the bus stop. It would have been fine if only the temperature was not blistering cold! I was practically shivering while waiting for the bus. But, it was worth it. I told Rick i'll do it again next time he's got a longer appointment.

Was planning of shopping "til i drop" but decided against it. I might get nice stuff for Christmas. I already had an early Christmas present. Rick bought me a diamond ring! Whoopee! Yah, we went crazy day after thanksgiving, we went shopping at 5am just to get a really good deal on a flat screen TV, which we got, plus the ring! hehehe...

Speaking of thanksgiving, Rick made us thanksgiving dinner. The whole works, turkey, stuffing(the best i've ever had!), cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and some sparking white drink. We had fun. We ate too much. Which we regret after a couple hours... The part i didn't like was eating leftovers for three days. I swear i smelled like turkey by then!

Shopping, food, and fun - just a few to be thankful for.

No comments: