Thursday, July 15, 2010

Best of Both Worlds

Last night, I went to bed confused. I need to make a decision on my career. Early this year, I left my accounting job and decided to do one job, that is in the dietary department at the local hospital. I was miserable being an accountant. Not because of the work load, but because of the people I work with. I was happy working at the kitchen. Because the schedule is flexible and the people are fun! Most of all... food is abundant! We decided that the extra income wasn't really necessary. Plus I get to spend more time at home to do whatever we want. Or so I thought...

Now, five months later, I'm working almost everyday and struggling with our budget. It's been tough. I've been praying for a full time job. Then a couple of weeks ago, I got an email my from previous employer, offering me a new position in the company. This week, a posting at the hospital for a Finance Coordinator at the Business Office is available. Yes, my prayer has been answered! I should be jumping for joy, right? But no, I'm confused.

My heart tells me to go for the hospital position. But morals is telling me to go back to my previous employer and continue working at the kitchen at the same time. I'm thinking of doing the latter. I have obligations to my spouse. I need to spend time with him and we need to do things together. Working two part-time jobs will let me do that. Income will be about the same... and the flexibility will be nice. I'll just sacrifice my sanity and try to put up with dim wits.

Enjoy the best of both worlds! Just like Hannah!

2 comments:

ms firefly said...

hi joy, i think you're making a wise decision! i'd love to have a part-time job too, because i'm loving being home. the problem is, there's no job to be had here. argh. so enjoy the best of both worlds, you're a lucky girl!

p.s. your package should be with you sometime next week! xx

LuLu said...

i agree i thinks it's right
it's true you should really do what makes you happy we've only got one life